Additions and Subtractions

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Beginning

Our journey to Texas began unexpectedly.  My husband, dissatisfied with his employment, was looking for that greener pasture that is always on the other side of the fence.  This begat a whirlwind which has turned our lives upside down. 


We had begun to feel as though we were going to live beside the beach forever.  I had accepted that this was life as we knew it.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  If nothing else, the last few years have taught me that the best laid plans of mice and men... are merely plans.

So, here we are.  Myself and my children are counting down the days until we are reunited with daddy while daddy is getting a head start on discovering the beautiful city of Austin, Texas.  I feel better that I have never heard a negative word against Austin, Texas.  It's a shame that it is so far from the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment